Axis is looking for apprentice and master Tilesetter to expand its family on our projects in the Greater Montreal Region and Quebec City Region
By working with us, you will be assigned to certain construction sites where we work in collaboration with our customers, you will be responsible for the execution of Tilesetter work for commercial, institutional and industrial projects.
Working with Axis, you will enjoy several great benefits, such as:
- Salary according to construction collective agreements;
- Access to a financial advisor (investments, retirement, etc.);
- Access to an insurance advisor;
- Specialized trainings according to your needs;
- Access to career assistance services;
- Recognitions, gifts and awards.
On a daily basis, you will mainly have to perform the following tasks:
- Laying and setting tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs;
- Cutting and fitting tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools;
- Preparing, measuring and marking surfaces to be covered;
- Mixing, applying and spreading cement, glue or other adhesives using hand tools;
- Aligning and straightening tiles using levels and squares;
- Applying plaster between tiles and removing excess plaster;
- Cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite;
- Removing and replacing cracked or damaged tiles;
- Preparing cost estimates and orders.
- Demonstrate adaptability;
- Solve problems;
- Collaborate with other tradespeople;
- Have an apprentice or journeyman competency certificate;
- Have relevant experience in construction;